Being eligible for MAPES
To be eligible for the Master of Arts Programme in European Studies (MAPES), the applicant must have:
- A qualification (Bachelor’s degree) from 1st Cycle higher education in humanities or social sciences, or the equivalent.
- English language proficiency (English 6).
Please check the full list of ways in which you can document your English proficiency at www.universityadmissions.se.
Students who fulfill the eligibility requirements are selected according to the following additional criteria, in the priority given below:
1) Grades for courses relevant to the application. An original transcript of grades from the 1st cycle of education (Bachelor) must be included, together with its English translation, if applicable.
2) Motivation Letter. A text of maximum 500 words, written in English, that describes the fit between the program’s academic orientation and goals and the prospective student’s qualifications and future career ambitions must be included.
3) Two (2) recommendation letters from persons who have known the prospective student in her/his academic capacity and can evaluate her/his competence. The letters must be in English.Utskrift 2019-07-22 av https://www.sol.lu.se/utbildning/program/haeuh/prospective-students/admission-requirements/