- English Studies
- Centre for Languages and Literature
Visiting address Helgonabacken 12, Lund
Postal address Box 201, 221 00 Lund
Internal post code 20
I am a doctoral candidate in English Linguistics at the Lund University Centre for Languages and Literature. My research mainly relates to third language acquisition and cross-linguistic influence.
Some of my research interests include:
* how words are acquired and processed in the multilingual mental lexicon
* how a shared conceptual base influences (post-L2) vocabulary acquisition
* what different factors guide the quantity, quality, and direction of cross-linguistic influence
* how subsequent language acquisition affects the languages we already know
- Gyllstad, H. & Suhonen, L.-V. (2017). Is attrition a type of learning? : Modelling change in the multilingual mental lexicon. Linguistic Approaches to Bilingualism, 7, 700-703. John Benjamins Publishing Company.
Conference contributions (9)
- Suhonen, L.-V. (2019). Conceptual Cross-Linguistic Influence.
- Suhonen, L.-V. (2019). Cross-Linguistic Influence in Early Word Learning.
- Suhonen, L.-V. (2018). Multidirectionality in the Mental Lexicon : A Case Study of Intensive L3 Acquisition.
- Suhonen, L.-V. (2017). Direction and Trajectory in Conceptual Cross-Linguistic Influence : Longitudinal Aspects of Conceptual Representation in Third Language Acquisition.
- Suhonen, L.-V. (2017). Direction and trajectory of conceptual cross-linguistic influence in multilingual speakers.
- Suhonen, L.-V. (2017). Directions in Conceptual Cross-Linguistic Influence and Third Language Acquisition: A Longitudinal Study.
- Lloyd-Smith, A., Gyllstad, H., Kupisch, T., Quaglia, S. & Suhonen, L.-V. (2016). Language dominance as the main predictor for syntactic transfer in heritage speakers acquiring L3 English : Embedded wh-questions, lexical and phonological proficiency.
- Suhonen, L.-V. (2016). Creating word pair similarity tasks for bilinguals acquiring foreign languages.
- Suhonen, L.-V. (2016). Psychotypology in conceptual cross-linguistic influence : Data from Finland-Swedish functional bilingual learners of English.