I am interested in design semiotics, design theory, design research, sustainable mobility and social innovation. The agentive approach to design semiotics enables us to conceive better products in order to improve social equity, universal accessibility and environmental responsibility.
I hold a MA in Semiotics. My MA thesis "Significance Conditions in Artefacts" was honoured as Laureate. I am Associate Professor and Lecturer of agentive semiotics for the MA in Design at Universidad Nacional de Colombia.
I am a member of the International Association for Cognitive Semiotics-IACS; International Association for Semiotic Studies-IASS/AIS; International Association of Visual Semiotics IAVS; Latin-American Federation for Semiotics-FELS; Colombian Association for Semiotics-ASC and Ibero-american Organization for Rhetoric-OIR
Other tasks and qualifications
Mendoza-Collazos, J. (2017). Fórmulas de Cambio: SEVEN. Documentary. Administrative Department of Science, Technology and Innovation COLCIENCIAS. Colombia.
Mendoza-Collazos, J., Amín, J., Serna, C. (2017). BIG CITIES: SEVEN un modelo para compartir Documentary. Eurovision. https://www.ebu.ch/contents/projects/tv/documentary/big-cities.html.
Mendoza-Collazos, J. (2015). Análisis semiótico de artefactos: guía para evaluar las condiciones de significancia en artefactos de uso. [ Guide tool for design semiotics analysis ]. Bogotá, sin publicar. DOI: 10.13140/RG.2.1.3451.6008
Industrial design Patent. Compact car. Patent number 16174516, 2017.05.18. Colombia. http://investigacion.unal.edu.co/boletin/notas-boletin-un-investiga/news/seven-automovil-electrico-para-compartir-recibe-registro-de-diseno-industrial/
- Memorial museum of victims of violence in Montes de María (mobile museum). Designer, Head of Project for conceptual design phase. Designer of visual identity. Colombia, 2011.
- Design for Social Innovation. Comunidad del Barrio Navarro Wolf, Cúcuta, Colombia. Head of project. 2012.
- Design for Social Innovation. Comunidad del Río Nima, Palmira, Colombia. Co-organizer, co-head of project. 2011.
- Archaeological and paleontological museum of Norte de Santander (mobile museum). Design and manufacturing. Designer, Head of Project. Colombia, 2008.
- Super-compact electric car for sharing. Design and manufacturing. Head of Project, Chief designer. Colombia, 2015.
- Open-wheel monoplace racing car. Design and manufacturing. Head of Project, Chief designer for ESDA racing team and constructor. Colombia, 2010. Winner Tocancipa Grand Prix and Paipa Grand Prix in Formula SENA race. Video of the race summary. Website of the project: http://esdaformulasena.blogspot.com