Kursutbud vid Språk- och litteraturcentrum hösten 2020
Observera: Internationella studenter bör ansöka i den tidiga ansökningsomgången, för att ha möjlighet att hinna få uppehållstillstånd. Studenter från EU/EEA-länder kan också ansöka i den nationella ansökningsomgången mellan 15 mars och 15 april.
Languages and linguistics
- ENGC03, English: Written Proficiency and Academic Writing
In this course you practise your ability to express yourself in academic English within various genres. In particular, we practice how to reflect on different writing scenarios within the academy – both in terms of disciplinary conventions and academic genres.
- HEBA10, Modern Hebrew: Elementary Course I, 15 hp
- SASH26 Diversity of the World's Languages, 7,5 hp
How many languages are there in the world? How and why do languages change? Why do languages die?
- Learn Swedish: Short courses in Swedish at different levels
- FIVA05, Scandinavian and European Film Culture, 30 hp
Moving images have long been an important part of culture and society, but digitization and globalization are radically changing their creative, industrial, cultural and social forms and significance. In this course, four select perspectives will allow students both a varied and nuanced understanding of contemporary film cultures in Scandinavia and Europe. You can also apply for the modules as separate freestanding courses:
- FIVA06, Scandinavian and European Film: Culture and History in Film and Television, 7,5 hp
- FIVA07, Scandinavian and European Film: Festivals, Criticism, Society 7,5 hp
- FIVA08, Scandinavian and European Film: Migration and Ethnicity, 7,5 hp
- FIVA09, Scandinavian and European Film: Celebrities, Auteurs and Film Movements, 7,5 hp
- SASH03, Swedish Film, 7,5 hp
An overview of Swedish film, and special emphasis is given to the relation between Swedish film and society.
- SASH48, The Old Icelandic Heritage, 7,5 hp
Old Iceland: The Eddas, the skaldic poetry, the sagas, and the society and the language.
- SASH23 Introduction to the Middle East, 7,5 hp
A comprehensive survey of the history of the region from the Pre-Islamic period to the present day. The course has a modern slant, primarily focusing on the study of the contemporary political development in the Middle East region.
- SASH62 Communism in East and Central Europe: Present, Past, and Future Perspectives, 7,5 hp
The development of communism during the Cold War, from the Yalta conference in 1945 to the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991, and its consequences in the 1990s and early twenty-first century.
Four 7,5 hp courses in Yiddish language and culture given as online courses:
Courses on advanced level
Most of the courses on the advanced level (master's courses) are instructed in English. Please note the prerequisites for the courses.
Language and linguistics
- Cognitive semiotics: Meaning, Mind and Communication (SEMN02)
- English: Lexical Semantics (ENGM16)
- English: Corpus Linguistics – Tools, Methods and Analysis (ENGM17)
- General Linguistics: Language and the Brain (ALSM21)
- Linguistics: Writing and Language (LINM05)
- Phonetics: Experimental Phonetics (FONM11)
Literature – Culture – Media
- Literature-Culture-Media: An Introduction, 15 ECTS (LIVR50)
- LCM: Advanced Russian Literary Studies, 15 ECTS (LIVR22)
- Literature-Culture-Media: Contemporary Writing in English, 15 ECTS (LIVR33)
- LCM: The Study of Literature in the French Language – an Introduction, 15 ECTS (LIVR34) Language of instruction: French
- Literature-Culture-Media: Literary Theory and Method, 15 ECTS (LIVR51)
- Literature-Culture-Media: Social Critique and Aesthetics in the Contemporary Spanish Novel, 15 ECTS (LIVR55) Language of instruction: Spanish
- Literature-Culture-Media: The Picture Book Today, 15 ECTS (LIVR65)
- Literature-Culture-Media: Yiddish Modernism, 1907–1954, 15 ECTS (LIVR74)
- Literature-Culture-Media: German Literature After the Wall, 15 ECTS (LIVR81)