Courses instructed in English
Swedish proficiency is not needed
Spring semester 2022
- Learn Swedish: Short courses in Swedish at different levels
- English: Written Proficiency and Academic Writing (ENGC03), 7,5 hp
In this course you practise your ability to express yourself in academic English within various genres. In particular, we practice how to reflect on different writing scenarios within the academy – both in terms of disciplinary conventions and academic genres.
- Survey of Swedish Literature (SASH16), 7,5 hp
A survey of Swedish literary tradition. Examine the work of Carl Michael Bellman, Carl von Linné, Selma Lagerlöf, August Strindberg, Gunnar Ekelöf, Astrid Lindgren and other canonized and internationally well-known authors.
- Diversity of the World's Languages (SASH26), 7,5 hp
How many languages are there in the world? How and why do languages change? Why do languages die?
- Governance and Conflict in the Middle East (SASH38) 7,5 hp
The historical background to the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict. What has happend and why? Why did the Oslo Accords initiative fail? The course includes the study and discussion of possible alternative solutions of the Conflict.
- Nationalism and Communism in Central Europe (Poland, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary) (ÖCKB06) 7,5 hp
The emergence, development and contemporary legacy of nationalism and communism as the two major political ideologies in the twentieth century Central Europe.
- Central and Eastern European Studies: Central Europe since the Fall of the Berlin Wall (ÖCKB07) 7,5 hp
The post-communist development of the societies of Central Europe, i.e. Poland, Slovakia, Hungary and the Czech Republic. A specialised component addresses the entry and development of the Central European states in the EU.
Four 7,5 hp courses in Yiddish language and culture given as online courses:
- Modern Hebrew: Elementary Course II, (HEBA20) 15 hp
- Linguistics: Speech Acoustics, Perception and Prosody (LINC11) 7,5 hp
- Linguistics: Grammar - The Mechanics of Language (LINC12) 7,5 hp
- Linguistics: Semantics and Pragmatics (LINC04) 7,5 hp
- Linguistics: Perspectives on Segmental and Prosodic Phonology (LINC13) 7,5 hp
Courses on advanced level
Most of the courses on the advanced level (master's courses) are instructed in English. You will find them under each subject. Please note the language of instruction and the prerequisites for the courses.